I was lucky to have…Anna Reed, Afton, Regs, and Boo as my chefs for the night.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp keltic salt
- 2 roasted japelenos
- half a white onion
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
Blend together… it gets hotter with time… be patient..
I recommend to prepare a day before!
Reg’s homemade Guacamole
- 4 ripe avos
- 3 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 jalepenos minced
- 4 garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt and pepper
- ( can also add, fresh salsa, cottage cheese, orange juice)
Brie. Mango. Quesadilla.
- flour tortillas (raw work best)
- brie/ or a soft cheese
- 2 semi hard, mango or papaya
Red Guajillo Sauce
Guajillo chillies are one of the msot commpnly used dried chilies in Mexican cooking. Long, slightly cureved and red about 4 to 6 inches long. They are slightly spice and sweet with some smokey flavors. This sauce is great as a chili sauce, on meat. or spread on the dinner plate for added color. It can also be used in the bottom of a martini glass with chilled cooked shrimp.
- 1 1/2 ounces dried Guajillo chilies, (around 6)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 serrano chilies
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or orange juice
Cut the stems off the Guajillo chiles and take the seeds out. Place them in a bowl of boiling water ( put a small plate on top of them to submerge them). Soak around 30 minutes.
In a cast iron pan lightly brown the serranos, and garlic
In a blender, add all ingrediednts and puree.
Taste and adjust to your palate. Can last in refrigerator around a week! Makes 2 cups!
Poach chicken in water for 14 minutes ( or until cooked)
Shred with hands into bowl.
Saute these ingredients 15 minutes, or until soft.
- 10 organic chopped tomatoes
- 10 garilc cloves chopped
- 3 sweet onions
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
Add shredded chicken to the above mixture.
- Raw cabbage
- salsas (tomatillo and Guajillo)
- organic corn tortillas
- black beans ( for quick recipe use organic canned black beans from Trader Joes, 1 bunch cilantro, 2 bay leaves, 1 tbsp cumin, 1/2 white onion)
Delicioso, y facil….