Socca is a French flatbread. It also is the ultimate cast iron/ skillet quick bread. A great alternative for a gluten free flatbread, that contains protein.
- 2 cups organic basil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 1 raw organic jalepeno
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic shredded parmesan cheese
blend till smooth
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 tbsps chopped rosemary
1. preheat oven to 475 with cast iron skillet inside!
2. Sift salt, flour and rosemary into bowl.
3. Add warm water and olive oil.
4. Whisk until smooth.
5. Cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
6. Pour mixture into hot cast iron evenly.
7. Take out in 15 minutes. Make sure its evenly light brown and dark on the edges.
8. Top with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
9. Add toppings!
For this recipe i topped it with:
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped organic arugula
- lemon zest
- 1 grilled organic chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- goat cheese
You can top it with just olive oil, salt and fresh pepper. Or go all out, topping it with things like carmelized onions, heirloom tomatoes, olives, sausage, prociutto, fresh basil..etc
I became interested in Soccas because they are allergen-free, gluten-free, low carb, high protein, and delicious!