- 3 Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 Japanese eggplant cubed
- 1 tbsp leek diced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 heirloom tomato cubed
- 3 tbsp organic shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp organic rosemary (from garden)
1. Saute leek until translucent, about 4 minutes in 1 tbsp olive oil. Remove to another dish.
2. Add shiitake, eggplant and saute until desired consistency.
3. Spread warmed crust with olive oil and garlic. Top with ingredients. Cheese on last. Bake until cheese has melted.
4. Top with lemon zest and rosemary.
Crust: I used a Gluten Free one that is nice and crispy. You can use cornmeal already made, or just a standard frozen dough…
For this crust you take it out of the freezer and put it in the oven at 500 degrees for about 5 minutes. Take it out and top it. Put it back in until the cheese is melted. Muy Facil.
For this recipe I added some grilled chicken for the protein. I try to incorporate a protein with every meal. For the chicken I marinated it with orange, sesame oil, cumin, cayenne, and pepper.
You can also put a marinara or pesto on the bottom. I used olive oil and garlic because i thought there were a lot of ingredients…. Use your imagination and be creative!