- pickled ume fruit from a tree Genus Prunus, but more closely related to apricot
- it is extremely sour and salty, used as condiments in Japanese and macrobiotic cuisine
- traditional Japanese remedy for colds, flus, nausea has antibiotic properties
- digestive tonic, very alkalinizing (due to NA content)
- rich in organic acids, considered strengthening and energizing
- great source for HANGOVERS
- claimed to fight bacteria
- may be used in hot water, or with green tea
- were esteemed by the samurai to combat battle fatigue
- often eaten as snacks; in the United States many Japanese grocery stores stock umeboshi.
- eating umeboshi in Japan is the equivalent of the United States’ “an apple a day.”(pickled)
Umeboshi is great for traveling as well. You do not need to refrigerate!! By having this with you, you will not only remain hydrated, but you will not get sick, nasuaous or hungover!!!!
So next time you are at your health food store! Grab this $10 product! It is WONDERFUL!!