Cold Sweet Potato Salad (paleo)
The sweet potato salad is a super easy dish that is dairy and gluten free. It is great because not only is it filling, but it is packed with nutrients. This dish is awesome for taking to picnics, potlucks, or even just as a side dish. Adjust the quantity of potatoes according to how many people you are going to feed.
- 6 sweet potatoes cubed
- 3 yams cubed
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 4 organic cage free hardboiled eggs diced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- ½ cup organic full fat coconut milk
- 1 red onion either chopped fine raw or you can caramelize the onions
- ½ tsp curry powder & cumin
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for roasting
- optional: 1 Tablespoon mayo (find a homemade recipe on the web or use store bought if you want).
Roast the sweet potatoes in coconut oil at 400 degrees for at least 30 minutes–toss a couple times during the cooking. Let them cool a bit. Put potatoes, celery and onions in a bowl. In another bowl mix plain coconut milk, lime and 1 Tablespoon mayo. Add curry powder, turmeric, cumin, ginger, salt and pepper adjust to suit your taste. Pour this mixture over the potatoes and mix well. Top with cilantro and or pumpkin seeds!! This recipe lasts in the fridge for a couple days, and gets better with time!